Trendy Tendencias: US & Mexico

Blog following and discussing new trends, specifically in the US and in Mexico.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

China

China's hot. According to just about everyone, including my former employer, Jeff Immelt. I trust Jeff...a lot of my retirement savings is riding on it!

I'm trying to get into investing...trying to figure out where to put my money, etc. According to Slate: Go Work in China, Immediately. But don't buy any stocks from there. But about a gzillion China Stock blogs would tell you differently!

I'm still trying to figure it out...

Mexico: Tends to be very upset with China, because a lot of the work that was formerly sent to Mexico started to go to China a couple of years ago. End result seems to be that if it is, for example, assembly of something that would be very expensive to ship, or needs a short turn around time, we will still get the business...because China is just to far away.

Oh well, that's economics, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home