Trendy Tendencias: US & Mexico

Blog following and discussing new trends, specifically in the US and in Mexico.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Chill-Out Music

I personally started hearing about "Chill-Out"music about a year ago. (It's called "Chill-Out" in Mexico, too.) Now I'm totally into it. For those of you not familiar, it's just cool music that you would probably hear in a lounge...nothing intrusive...just chill!

The interesting thing that I have found about this trend is that the music has actually been around for a long time...a lot of the songs that I listen to in a chill-out mix are from the early 90s...it just took a while to catch on. Apparently it has European roots, but now people are creating it all over.

Check out this article on the topic.

And in other news, I'm currently traveling for the next week or so, and will be trying to keep up with my posts, but please don't abandon me, I'll be back soon! -R

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Rebecca Carter said...

Thanks Joe & Robin! I'm going to check out those groups! I'm in Queretaro, Mexico...2 hours north of Mexico City.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home