Trendy Tendencias: US & Mexico

Blog following and discussing new trends, specifically in the US and in Mexico.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Cheap Flights in Mexico: Coming Soon!

The International Herald Tribune reports that an end is coming to the outrageous airfares within Mexico. This is great news considering that it normally costs over $350 USD to fly from Monterrey to Mexico City, a flight lasting less than 1 hour and 30 minutes. I'm ashamed to say that I was not aware that Aeromexico & Mexicana are state-owned airlines. The story reports that basically the two airlines will be privatized and sold individually, and an additional 5 budget/discount airlines are going to be arriving soon.

Because flying is so expensive in Mexico, most people resort to taking the bus. But don't think that you get off cheap by doing this! My husband & I once took the 11 hour bus ride from Monterrey to Mexico City...and it cost $75 USD ONE-WAY...each! Now I have to admit that this was the high-end bus, not the cheapest...but still! If I have to suffer 9.5 extra hours of travel, I would expect to save more than just 50%!

I wish luck to the new airline industry in Mexico and encourage everyone to get traveling!

Technorati tags: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:11 AM, Blogger iffatali said...

I met a lot of people in Europe. I even encountered myself. Flights to Miami

 

Post a Comment

<< Home