Trendy Tendencias: US & Mexico

Blog following and discussing new trends, specifically in the US and in Mexico.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Sudoku

I hadn't heard of this until I read the "My Days Are Numbered" article in Slate...and I can see what all of the fuss is about! Basically a numbers/logic game that is really hot in the UK right now is going to come to the US, and I assume the world, rather quickly.

The basics: The game is a grid that consists of nine boxes (3x3), and each box has nine squares (3x3). They pre-fill in some numbers for you, and then you need to fill in the rest, making sure that in each box, row and column the numbers 1-9 are used only once.

It's fun, and I can see that probably at least 50% of us will receive a Sudoku book, daily calendar, or some other Sudoku merchandise as gifts once the holidays roll around.

The fact that it's a numbers game will also going to help the craze go worldwide in no time, since no translations will be needed.

Where to check it out: Daily Sudoku, Sudoku.com (which at the time of post is not currently working)

I'm still trying to figure out if there is any opportunity left in this market, as it will be big, and then it will fall...kind of like those pictures you had to look at really hard to see something else (I NEVER could), and Where's Waldo...Although I'm sure it will have it's lifelong fans, and maybe will live a long life next to the crossword and the word jumble.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home